10/04/2009

SEWING UPDATE


Lately, ive been itching to create a collection. Its been on my mind for a while
now, but finally today I was able to start. I made a total of two pieces. LOL. but they're awesome. Im really into all black or greyscale tones for this fall/winter and so I think those will be the main colors, and mabye with some splashes of color here and there. Spicy coral? or mint green a la givenchy? I guess only time will tell...





I started out just fooling around and testing different collars because I wanted to
make myself a crazy coat/jacket for MTL fashion week. I ended up running out of fabric, but it really worked in my favor, or well steph's favor. Its a blazer/vest haha I love the boxy/ boyfriend blazer feel to it. It's my second "blazer" inspired piece (see below) and it's actually really really finished. I left the arm hole edges raw because I though it just looked as though someone just ripped the sleeves off or something. It also balances the opposition of the lapels really nicely. BUT yet again it looks funny on me, but amaz-ing on steph. so it's hers now. -_-




Another staple of my (soon) winter wardrobe are flowing/draped tops. I made a black
jersey intensely draped vest which i wear backwords and then with my zara blazer, it creates another level/ interesting detail, that i love. Like look quick and you dont really see it, but upon closer inspection you really see all the intricate draping and flow. I bought the grey fabric a long time ago to make a skirt, but never got around to it, so i used it for this. It's just a perfect layering piece and really has it's own personality. I've also been trying to focus on details and completion of my pieces lately and so i added the little strap at the back, I think it just adds a nice detail and keeps it from getting boring in the back. SUPER FLOWY. Again, it looks crazy amazing on steph, but its more of a tunic than a shirt.




Finally, this is my favorite piece. It's a deconstructed take on a blazer.
Accidental, and yet perfect. The picture really doesnt do it justice. It's made out of a grey-blend jersey and has one batwing sleeve, and the other is a generic sleeve. Super bouncy and voluminous. It started out as my version of the "snuggie" for the flight to Paris. It was a little to avante-garde for Montreal. so i toned it down a bit, and added a generic sleeve. (if you look you can still see the other batwing sleep under the normal one) Now it's my comfy cardigan. :D and super versatile again. I think thats really becoming a value for me in my pieces. Mabye an outfit post soon? ;S the pictures really dont do it justice...

stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment