7/20/2010

SPRING 2011 MENSWEAR [ PARIS ] // BORIS BIDJAN SABERI : ALEXIS MABILLE : JUUN.J


So I totally forgot to do my Paris menswear round up,
so i decided to wait a bit longer so that it'd be like a fun reminder for all of you!
I narrowed it down to my three favorite collections, in this order:



BORIS BIDJAN SABERI

I LOVE LOVE LOVED this collection; So aesthetically strong, and powerfully styled, yet if you decipher each piece individually, you get interesting and wearable pieces. The collection as a whole has elements that push the boundaries of mens fashion like the man-skirt, the head pieces/head wraps, but in a wearable/not so in your face manner, which i really appreciate. The styling was also spot-on; perfect mix of tones on tones which added a decadent richness and pull together aspect for the clothes. My favorite piece has got to be that loose knit sweater; classic but interesting.


JUUN.J


I also loved this collection when I saw it! One of the best in my opinion. I loved the "perfect for a stroll through the desert" feel of the whole collection. If ever i went to Dubai or something along the same lines, this would be my collection of choice. Perfect trench/jackets, padded harem pants, romper coat, even the head-wrap visor sort of works (am i delusional?). The only thing i'm not too fond of is the weird sandal/flipflop hybrid? no thanks


ALEXIS MABILLE

I loved Alexis Mabille's collection because it was so different from everything we've been seeing all week. We can see how Alexis started out in womenswear and how he brought those elements into menswear; which for me is so much fresher than the menswear trend for the ladies. Mabille puts his boys in ROMPERS, that i died for. Even the black sparkly one, though ridiculous was perfect! The slouchy fit really brings it back to menswear. Another aspect of the collection i really liked was the color pallette; perfect complimentary neutrals that felt so fresh(the daisies helped too) amidst the sea of black/greys. Finally, Mabille's choice of wrap around sandals, was perfect! An ode to his womenswear background and yet they were made to look so manly. I loved it most paired with the cargo style pants.

3 comments:

  1. The Alexis Mabille's collection is my favourite !

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing perfect good perfect wow
    u know how i feel about the styling of alexis mabille tho

    ReplyDelete