6/25/2010

SPRING 2011 MENSWEAR [ MILAN ] // ALBINO DEUXIEME : BURBERRY : GIULIANO FUJIWARA : JIL SANDER : NEIL BARRETT : MARNI : Z ZEGNA

Here are my favorite menswear collections from Milan Menswear fashion week:

JIL SANDER

I LOVELOVELOVE the colorblocking here. I definitely think color blocking (+ double breasted blazers) is going to be huge for spring 2011; big bold colors or monochrome looks. My favorite looks are the last two, because i just think they encapsulate the whole collection. The colors are just crazy and so bold but it totally works. Just super clean crisp and bold for spring. Perfect!





ALBINO DEUXIEME


I've actually never heard of Albino Deuxieme before this season, but I'm glad i found them! This collection is just great! So simple but yet effective. I love the muted tones and the soft yet elaborate prints.  I'm getting a sort of neo-tribal vibe from this collection. AND CAN WE SPEAK ABOUT THE SHOES? omg i never though i'd say socks and sandals could look good, but i'm going to have to reconsider. The sandals are so futuristic and minimal but the socks bring them back down a notch.  LOVE THEM! they totally make the looks.

BURBERRY


Where do i start with Burberry? At first glance I didn't like it, the hair was just throwing me off (Too greasy/wet looking) This definitely wasn't my favorite collection this season but there were some pieces that i loved; the brown jacket with the round studs is so good! I mean, it's a little less unexpected than the silver spike studded moto jacket everyone's been gushing over.  I also loved the brown trench that looks like it was made from a brown paper bag; so margiela!

GIULIANO FUJIWARA


I LOVE THIS COLLECTION; the reinvented futuristic camo print? so good.  The conceptual cutouts on the crop tops are my favorites too

MARNI


MARNI was so freaking good this season. Just a relaxed collection that wreaked of cool. Something that designers really have a hard time with is creating a wearable laid back collection without it being boring. Marni totally hit it out of the park. I love the color blocking, the tribal print shorts, and the color combinations.

NEIL BARRETT


Neil Barrett was one of my favorites! I loved the duck tape like stripes, the sheer looks, the slight military inspiration(!!!). THE PADS! and the strips on the pants are just screaming DIY! I really love the pants with the strips, they look like pleather strips which I think is going to be really hard to not have it turn out all costumey, but hey, I think they're worth a shot! I've also been looking for a nice structured cropped vest like the one in the second look in the bottom row, which i feel like i could find in the "boys" section somewhere :P i think it'd be perfect for layering. 

Z ZEGNA


I didn't like the collection as a whole, it was sorta blah, but i did fall head over heels for these spicy coral looks. They are just too good. There's something about spicy coral that always gets to me and pairing that with the slate pieces is just bananas perfection. I WANT THAT DOUBLE BREASTED JACKET SO FREAKING BAD!


pictures from style.com and the fashionisto 

No comments:

Post a Comment